Feeling a bit naughty? Want to treat yourself after that high intensity pilates class? Go on, you deserve it. Just don’t go reaching for that Chunky Kit Kat! These whole grain bars are just the thing to kill that craving. We don’t recommend eating more than one at a time… but then again, who’s watching?
Serving: 20 bars
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 12 mins
- 170g (⅔ of a packet) Vita Weat 9 Grain crispbreads
- 380g (2 cups) dried apricots, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup date syrup
- 1 – 2 Tbsp water
- 50g dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 180 o C. Grease & line a 28cm x 18cm slice pan with baking paper, allowing the long edges of paper to overhang the sides.
- Place Vita Weat , dried apricots, coconut oil, date syrup in a food processer. Pulse until combined, adding water slowly until mixture comes together.
- Press mixture into lined pan & bake for 12 minutes. Remove from oven & allow to cool in pan.
- Roughly chop dark chocolate, place in a microwave safe bowl & microwave on high for 1 minute, stirring at 20 second intervals until smooth.
- Using baking paper, lift slice out of pan, drizzle with melted dark chocolate and cut into small bars. Keep in an airtight container for 3 4 days.
Tip: Date syrup can be substituted with maple syrup or honey.
Recipe courtesy of Arnott’s you can find more yum recipes over at their website