Who brings wafer crackers to a picnic? I know when we’re eating a cheese board, we want our crackers to pack as much of a nutrition punch as we can (let’s be honest, we have to balance out that triple brie!). These crackers are not only so easy to make, they’re absolutely choc full of fibre. You’re going to impress everyone else at the picnic so much, they won’t even want to unpack those generic wafers. For a balanced cheese board, we recommend pairing these with some cheese, fruits and nuts. Don’t forget, for all your grazing table inspo, you can head to our grazing platter recipes over here.
Servings: 20 crackers
Ready In: 40-45 minutes
- 2 ¼ cups Natural Fibre Seeds
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 2-3 pinches rosemary (finely chopped)
- Preheat oven to 160°C fan-forced.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and allow mixture to rest for 15 minutes.
- Lay a sheet of baking paper on your work bench and use a silicon spatula or palette knife to spread the mixture in a thin layer, 2-3 mm in thickness. If you would like smooth surface add a second sheet of baking paper over the mixture and roll out with a rolling pin.
- Cut into desired shapes and transfer to prepared oven tray.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden and crisp. Enjoy!
Recipe thanks to Natural Seed Co. who can provide you with more ways to use their fibre seeds on their website which you can find here.