Looking to pack more goodness into your mid-morno snack? These protein packed muffins are great with a cuppa at 11am, or even better to enjoy in the sunshine during a picnic. Pack a flask of tea, a muffin or two, and your best sun hat – what a perfect morning.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 free range eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup Greek yoghurt
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 ½ cups Uncle Tobys Plus Protein – Peach, Sultanas and Oat Clusters
- 1 2/3 cup whole meal spelt flour
- ½ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp Uncle Tobys PlusProtein – Peach, Sultanas and Oat Clusters, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 180 C. Line muffin tray with paper.
- Place oil and maple syrup in a bowl and mix (or if your prefer use an electric beater) for 5 minutes until mixture thickens.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix on low speed for 5 minutes.
- Add the yoghurt and bananas and mix on low speed for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the Uncle Tobys Plus Protein – Peach, Sultanas and Oat Clusters, whole meal spelt flour, walnuts, chia seeds, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Fold gently until well combined.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin tray. Lightly crush an extra teaspoon of Uncle Tobys Plus Protein – Peach, Sultanas and Oat Clusters cereal and gently sprinkle over the top of the muffin mixture. Bake in the oven for 35 minutes.
- Once cooked, transfer to a wire rack to cool slightly before serving.
Recipe provided by our friends at Uncle Toby’s. You can find more great recipes at their website here.