These falafels will make an awesome contribution to a Mezze platter combined with hummus, olives, tabouli, flatbread etc. The Mezze platter will become a centerpiece on your Christmas table. The balls are easy to make and full of flavour and colour..
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 small brown onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 425g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 shallots, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 tablespoons plain flour, extra
- Place frozen peas in a strainer and run hot water over them. Stand.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in frypan and add onion and garlic. Sauté until soft and remove from heat.
- Wrap peas in a clean, dry tea towel and rub gently to remove excess moisture.
- Place onion, garlic, peas and remaining ingredients into food processor, except extra oil and extra flour. Process until just combined.
- Using spoon, form into balls and roll in extra flour. Makes 12 balls.
- Heat remaining oil in a frypan and fry, turning until golden brown on all sides