8 slices Abbott’s Bakery Country Grains Bread
250g cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
280 grams ham
3 dill pickles, sliced on the diagonal
8 sprigs thyme, leaves picked
2 handfuls baby spinach
1. Butter both sides of each piece of bread.
2. Heat a splash of olive oil in a large frying pan.
3. Place 2 pieces of bread in the pan, and add a thin layer of cheddar, pickles, a pinch of thyme leaves, ham and a handful of baby spinach. Top with a second layer of cheddar.
4. Top each sandwich with another piece of bread and push down firmly using a large metal spatula. A burger or fish press also works well, as does a dinner plate weighted by a can of tomatoes.
5. Fry for 30 seconds, then flip both sandwiches over and press down firmly again. Fry for a further minute or two, until golden brown. 6. Repeat for remaining two sandwiches