1 serve of whole grain Each serve is 16g of whole grain. GLNC recommends 3 serves daily.
1 serve of legumes Each serve is 100g of legumes. GLNC recommends 2-3 serves each week.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
- 1 tin chickpeas, drained thoroughly
- 2 tbsp yoghurt
- 2 tsp chopped dill
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp capers
- 2 slices whole grain or wholemeal bread
- Cottage cheese
- Sliced cucumber
- Sliced radishes
- Snow pea sprouts
- To make the chickpea smash, crush the chickpeas slightly with a potato masher. Transfer to a bowl, add all other ingredients and mix well.
- Spread cottage cheese on one piece of bread and layer up with cucumber, radishes, pickles, chickpea smash mix and snow pea sprouts.
- Top with the other piece of bread and enjoy!
Make it vegan by using dairy-free yoghurt and omitting the cottage cheese.
Store the leftover chickpea smash in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Use to top toast or as a dip for veggie sticks.