Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
- ½ cup McKenzie’s Chick Peas, rinsed
- ¼ cup McKenzie’s Black Beans, rinsed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsps ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- Pinch chilli powder
- 400g can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- McKenzie’s Salt & Pepper Grinder, to taste
- ½ cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 8 large tortillas, warm
- Lettuce, guacamole, chopped tomatoes, red onion, sour cream and grated cheese, for serving
- Combine chick peas and black beans in a saucepan with 6 cups of water. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 35-40 minutes until tender. Drain.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan, add onion and garlic, cooking for 2-3 minutes until tender. Add cumin, coriander, oregano and chilli powder. Cook a further minute. Add canned tomatoes, water and drained chickpeas and beans. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook whilst stirring often for 6-8 minutes. Stir in seasonings and coriander.
- Scatter each tortilla with lettuce, guacamole, tomatoes and onion. Top with a good spoonful of bean mixture and top with sour cream and cheese.
Add a handful of vegan cheese or vegan sour cream….
Recipe and image kindly provided by McKenzie’s Foods, for more recipes visit their website.