Preparation time: 10 minutes
- 1 slice of day old Bakers Delight Pane di Casa Vienna Loaf
- 300g cups cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- ½ red onion
- 10 large basil leaves
- 2 tbsp black olives
- 1 can (425g) chickpeas drained
- 1/3 of red capsicum
- 1/3 of whole continental cucumber
- 1 tsp capers
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 6 tbsp water
- ½ tsp dried oregano, plus extra for garnish
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Prepare the dressing in a bowl, combining the olive oil, vinegar, oregano, water, salt, and black pepper to taste. Whisk until combined.
- If you have bread that’s 2-3 days old, simply cut it into cubes. If you only have fresh bread, toast it in the oven or in a toaster for a couple of minutes, until it becomes golden in colour.
- Layer the salad in jars, adding the chickpeas at the bottom, then the dressing, followed by the black olives, chopped cherry tomatoes, Pana di Casa croutons, chopped cucumber, sliced red onions, chopped capsicum, capers and top it with basil leaves. Close the jar and place in the fridge.
- You can meal prep this salad for up to 2-3 days in advance. When you’re ready to eat, just pour it on a plate, mix it well and dive in!