These deliciously simple veggie burgers are vegan and low FODMAP.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup cooked short grain rice
- ¾ cup drained canned brown lentils
- ½ cup grated carrot or zucchini
- 1½ cups fresh breadcrumbs (low FODMAP or gluten-free bread)
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl using your hands to work the ingredients together. Allow to stand for 10 – 15 minutes to bind fully.
- Roll into desired shape (burgers, patties or balls) and place on an oiled baking tray. Bake for 20 – 30 minutes at 200C until golden brown.
- Serve with vegetables or salad, as an entrée with a dipping sauce or as part of a meat free pasta dish (using low FODMAP pasta)