Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 300g mushrooms (button, Swiss brown or portobello, or a mixture)
- 2 small cloves garlic
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary (optional)
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh thyme (optional)
- 1/2 cup So GoodTM Oat No Added Sugar
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 1/2 tsp cornflour dissolved in 2 tsp cold water
- 4 slices wholemeal or whole grain sourdough, to serve
- Quarter or slice mushrooms. Crush garlic.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan on medium-high. Add mushrooms and garlic and cook until mushrooms are tender (about 5 minutes). Stir in rosemary and thyme, if using.
- Add oat milk, soy sauce and cornflour mixture. Bring to a simmer, then turn heat down to medium-low and simmer gently for 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until sauce has thickened and darkened in colour. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve creamy mushrooms on toasted sourdough.
You can replace the fresh herbs with 1/2 tsp dried rosemary and 1/4 tsp dried thyme.
Creamy mushrooms can be prepared ahead of time and gently reheated in the frying pan or microwave.
Recipe and image kindly provided by Sanitarium.